LWVMP BOOK CLUB
LWVMP Book Club
For Sept. 29, 2016 discussion, read "Notorious RBG" by Irin Carmon and Shana Knizhnik.This will be held at Marge T"s home at 11:30 a.m. -- please bring a brown bag lunch.
Other Recommended Books
Other books which members thought might be interesting `reads' were:
- *"Dark Money" by Jane Mayer (Book Club Choice May 26, 2016)
- *"Drift" by Rachel Maddow (Book Club Choice Jan. 28, 2016
- "Unfair" by Adam Benforado
- "The Speechwriter" by Barton Sevaim
- "The Big Short" by Michael Lewis
- "Orange Is The New Black" by Piper Kerman
- "Running from Office" by Jennifer Lawless and Richard L. Fox
- "Euphoria" by Lily King
- "Just Mercy" by Bryan Stevenson
- "Crisis Point: Why We Must? and How We Can Overcome our Broken **"Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City" by Matthew Desmond
- *"The Highest Glass Ceiling: Women's Quest for the American Presidency" by Ellen Fitzpaterick
- *"The Future of the Suburban City" - Grady Gammage Jr. in conversation with Sarahh Porter
- *"Don't Think of an Elephant" by George Lakoff
- *"God and Government" by Barry W. Lynn. L
- *"Saving Capitalism" by Robert Reich.
- *"The Great Unraveling" by Paul Krugman
- *"Talking to the Enemy" By Scott Atran.
See you in September!