LWVMP Meet ’n Greet Orientation
Welcome to New Members!
New Member Orientation
Saturday, October 28, 2017 from 1pm - 4pm!
3535 E. Lincoln Dr. Paradise Valley, 85253
LWV Metro Phoenix grew almost 200% since January 2016!
The best way to get started is to explore our website. You can also
● FOLLOW THE AZ LEGISLATURE IN SESSION
● COMMENT ON BILLS IN COMMITTEE ON RTS
● ACT USING LWVAZ ACTION ALERTS
● JOIN AN LWVMP COMMITTEE
● OBSERVE GOVERNMENT IN ACTION
● BECOME AN ISSUE SPECIALIST
● ATTEND OR HOST A COMMUNITY MEETING
● WORK WITH COALITIONS
Info for New Members
Congratulations on your decision to get involved and make a difference in our community!
LWV Metro Phoenix serves most of Maricopa County, AZ. In order to assist members throughout the valley and make it easier to get involved, three Community Teams hold their own meeting and events. They are:
● Phoenix Community Team
● East Valley Community Team
● Scottsdale Community Team
● Phoenix Evening Community Team
There’s ALWAYS lots happening in League!
New Member Orientation Packet
To help new members get acquainted and involved, LWV Metro Phoenix provides a useful beginning packet. Take a look and contact a League Leader!
WHAT LWV CAN DO FOR YOU
Here’s what you can expect and GAIN from membership in LWV.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
We are all busy, but LWV Metro Phoenix (LWVMP) hopes each member will Make a Difference by becoming active in League. Check out the list and see what interests you!
WHERE LWV STANDS ON THE ISSUES
LWV studies issues and then seeks consensus. Read the basic LWV Position Statements and get more info at LWVUS and LWVMP.
ADVOCATE 2018 Using Your Voice & VOTE
Want to keep up on the AZ Legislature and LWV work on current issues? We can help!
TIME FOR LEAGUE
Still too busy? Look again! LWV is a grassroots organization in which members volunteer time to get informed, get involved, and improve our government and our community.
What League Does & What League Can Do for You
Handout: What League Does; What League Can Do for You
League Unlocks Careers (Powerpoint Downloads to your computer)
New members can get involved in a variety of ways.
● Contact a Community Team Leader to find out what’s going on right now with that team.
● Contact the Voter Services Coordinator to find out about registering voters and offer to provide registration information to those in your local area.
● Attend and report on a community committee or board meeting in your area. These might include school board, city council, county supervisors, state commissions, or committee meetings at all levels of government.
● Attend a League Board meeting to hear about upcoming activities.
● Review the website CALENDAR or ISSUES pages to read about current LWV Metro Phoenix and other events.
● Attend a Member Orientation and Gathering.
● Volunteer to be trained to provide presentations to other groups about State Propositions and Ballot Measures.
● Help distribute LWV AZ Voter Guides.
1155 S. Power Rd. Suite 114-58
Mesa, AZ 85206